Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars



One of my high school students has bugged me all year to read The Fault In Our Stars. I kept putting it off and reading something  else , ect. Then another student started reading and RAVED about it. Ok, I said Ill get to it. Then my daughters teacher read it and said it was amazing and a "must read."

FINE ..... I'll READ IT !!!!!!! Ummm fact of the matter I wanted to read it before the movie came out ,but when I finally picked up 2 weeks before school got out I COULD NOT put it down!!!! 

You felt totally connected to each and every character in the story and even though the story line at some points  has a bleak outlook , you want more. It's a different ending and leaves you with a great feeling of appreciation for those around you in your life and that things could always be worse. 

Definitely a 5 Star read!!!

I can only say that I hope the movie does the book justice!!!


In The Fault in Our Stars, John Green has created a soulful novel that tackles big subjects--life, death, love--with the perfect blend of levity and heart-swelling emotion. Hazel is sixteen, with terminal cancer, when she meets Augustus at her kids-with-cancer support group. The two are kindred spirits, sharing an irreverent sense of humor and immense charm, and watching them fall in love even as they face universal questions of the human condition--How will I be remembered? Does my life, and will my death, have meaning?--has a raw honesty that is deeply moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

flip the page and leave us a note :)